Looks trashy here ? Ship it! could be treasure there...
Copyright 2012. Zimtransit
Container Schedule Notes
The rebate is granted to an individual who comes to Zimbabwe:-
a) To take up employment or permanent residence; or
b) As a visitor but remains to take up employment or permanent residence; or
c) As a diplomat but remains to take up employment or permanent residence or to attend any educational institution; or
d) For the purposes of attending any educational institution.
In the circumstances mentioned above, spouses of such persons are included. However, any person who has previously resided or has been employed in Zimbabwe and who has been outside Zimbabwe for less than two years is excluded.
The person requesting for the rebate will be required to attend an interview at the Customs Port through which the goods are being imported and will also be required to complete a questionnaire.
What documents does one need to submit to be considered for the immigrant`s rebate?
- Employment record or residence permit
- Proof that one has completed such studies - for a person who has been pursuing studies
- Proof that one has terminated such contract - for a person who has been on a contract of employment
- Proof of such absence from Zimbabwe - for a person who has been on an extended absence from Zimbabwe
- A certificate stating that such effects and other goods were owned by him/her at the time of his/her arrival and at their time of importation
- In the case of a motor vehicle, a certificate stating that a rebate has not been granted to him/her in respect of a motor vehicle during the previous four years
- A certificate that such effects and other goods are intended for his/her own use in Zimbabwe and will not be used for trade or commercial purposes
- A written undertaking that such effects and other goods will not be sold or disposed of in any manner and that he/she shall not leave Zimbabwe for a period of
more than six months within 24 months of arrival as stated below (conditions after importing)
- A written undertaking to pay such duty as may become due if he/she decides to sell or dispose of in any manner or if he/she decides to leave Zimbabwe for a
period of more than six months within 24 months of arrival as stated below (conditions after importing)
- Satisfactory evidence relating to the acquisition, ownership or purchase of the goods as may be required by the Commissioner.